As we approach November, the red and green lights start coming out and the store shelves start getting stocked with holiday decor. Time to set off those new holiday makeup looks! Holidays are a time for a little extra sparkle and shine. I know many of you will have holiday cocktail hours and parties. I listed the top 5 holiday products you won’t want to live without this holiday season.
1. A nice bold red lipstick. Everyone is always scared to wear red, but lets admit it, red is socially accepted on the lips during the holidays! A little extra color dresses up any outfit and adds a little bit of holiday cheer. Remember, there are many shades of red. I have listed 2 that I recommend.
a. Bite Beauty crayon in “red velvet” $14 @ Sephora
b. Revlon lustrous lipstick in “rich girl red” $6 @ Target
2. A highlighter- Adding a little shimmer to your cheekbones, or even tip of your nose can give your face that extra glow. You can also use highlighter on your collarbones or chest to give you a little extra shimmer and shine with a nice holiday outfit. Here are my top two picks.
a. Becca cosmetics highlighter in “champagne pop” $38 @ Sephora
b. Wet and Wild “to reflect” shimmer palette $6 @ Ulta
3. A bold eyeliner- You can easily turn a day look into a night look by touching your eyes up with a nice bold liner. If you wear a little liner throughout the day, you could extend the ends of your liner or even add a little to your water line. I love the look of a neutral toned eyelid, with a nice bold liner. Mix it with a high ponytail and your ready to rock your holiday event!
a. Kat Von D 24 hour wear tattoo ink pen in “trooper” $20 @ Sephora
B. Maybelline eye studio lasting drama liner in pot $10 @ Ulta
4. Eyelashes- Whether your more of a natural beauty or prefer to be glam, adding a pair of lashes to your holiday look can take anything up to the next level. You don’t have to wear a ton of eye-makeup with your lashes. Blend with a little subtle eye-liner and pair with a nice pop of color on your lips and your ready!
a. Ardell “wispies” $4 @ CVS or Target
b. Kiss lashes “demi wispies” $4 @ Walmart or Walgreens
5. A pouty clear gloss- Whether you wear it by itself, or pop it on top of your favorite lipstick, a shear gloss can definitely make a statement. Adding gloss can definitely change the tone of the color and make your lips look extra appealing. I love adding clear gloss to my favorite nude lipstick to make myself seem a little more dressy and complete. Here are my top two suggestions.
a. Wet and Wild megaslicks gloss .99 @ Walgreens
b. Anastasia Beverly Hills in “moon jelly” $16 @ Sephora
Hopefully these products will make your holidays extra cheery and bright!